Dryer Vent Cleaning
What is the best way to clean dryer vents?
Cleaning the dryer vents might seem unnecessary to some, but it’s important to keep airflow passages clear, so your system stays efficient and productive. Ground Zero offers vent cleaning services that are completed by our Home Comfort Specialists that hold an Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (I.I.C.R.C.) and employ state-of-the-art equipment in your home or business. There are a few telltale signs that your dryer vents might need cleaning, and we’ve included an abbreviated list below.
- Longer drying times – If your dryer normally dries laundry in a single load and your normal settings aren’t achieving the desired effects like they used to, it might be time for a vent cleaning.
- Dryer is very hot – A dryer’s design vents away heat from itself, so it can maintain internal temperature and dry your laundry without overheating. If your dryer is becoming very hot during normal laundry drying, it’s possible that a vent cleaning is in order.
- Burning smell – Anytime a burning smell of any kind is present, we recommend discontinuing the use of your dryer as it could be a dangerous situation. This means that lint trapped in your vents could be heating up to the point of burning, and that can lead to a fire. Call Ground Zero, and we’ll come out and take a look and recommend what to do next.
- Last inspection was over a year ago – If you’ve gone over a year without getting your dryer vent inspected, you’re over the recommend time for an inspection, and you should schedule soon. This inspection can reveal a needed cleaning and ultimately help your dryer last for years to come.
- Excessive lint – Anytime you’re seeing more lint than usual in your dryer lint trap, it could mean a back-up within your dryer which can be caused by things not venting properly.
Dryer Vent Cleaning Can Keep Your Family Safe
Delaying a vent cleaning can have catastrophic consequences.
We’ve established that a dryer’s performance can suffer if excessive lint is present. Annually, firefighters across the country respond to around 14,630 home fires caused by dryers, according to the National Fire Protection Association, with 33% of them being caused by excessive lint buildup. The drop in drying performance is a secondary with such serious implications. As a preventative measure, Ground Zero recommends scheduling a yearly inspection. Not only will it save you money, but it can also keep your family safe. Our Home Comfort Specialists will clean your dryer vent all the way from the dryer connection, to the building’s exterior port, and it’ll be safe and affordable. Contact us today!