Professional Duct Cleaning Services
How do I know if I need my A/C ducts cleaned?
Usually, air conditioning ductwork is installed with the age-old adage: “out of sight, out of mind.” This means that they’re installed in attics, walls, the tops of exposed ceilings––anywhere that keeps them out of the way while they perform their essential function. With this in mind, it’s hard to determine if your ducts need a cleaning. As a general rule, it’s best to have your HVAC ducts cleaned every three to five years. Over a few years, dust can accumulate in your ductwork, no matter how often you clean your home or business, so it’s necessary to consider a cleaning if it hasn’t been completed in a while. Here are some other signs that you might need a good cleaning.
- Energy bill spikes – If you’re used to a certain average price on your bill, and it suddenly increases, this can be caused by dirty ductwork. Ground Zero can come out and help you get back to saving money.
- Dirt and debris around vents – It’s logical that we don’t inspect our air vents regularly. Even the cleanest homes and businesses can accumulate dust and debris around their vents. This is a good indicator that dust is stuck in your ductwork too.
- Dusty air filters – Dust is a part of life, regardless of your cleanliness habits. If your air filter is super dusty, it could mean that it’s in your ductwork too!
- Inconsistent airflow – Do you have a room in your home that just doesn’t get as cool as the others? This could be a partially blocked duct. A good cleaning can get you back to normal.
- Inexplicable respiratory problems – One of the most common indoor allergens is a dust allergy. Because it’s a collection of many things, it can irritate our respiratory systems causing cough, cold, and inexplicable sickness. The solution could be as simple as dirty ductwork.
- Mold growth – Any visible mold growth should be treated with seriousness, but especially mold around vents. This is a certain identifier that mold spores are traveling through your ducts into all the rooms of your home or business. Let Ground Zero come clean it up for you!
A/C Ductwork Cleaning Increases Air Quality
Does AC duct cleaning really make a difference?
Simply put, yes, it makes a difference. One large industry is the sale of home air purifiers, and some homes and businesses will even employ these purifiers and ignore the possibility that the air in their ducts could be cleaner for less than the price they spent. Consider a ductwork cleaning as it’s proven to relieve symptoms of respiratory ailments, allergies, and asthma for your family. Our specialists have an Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (I.I.C.R.C.) and employ state-of-the-art equipment to ensure no cross contamination takes place during your scheduled cleaning.
Ok, my ducts are clean, what now?
Ground Zero Home Comfort Specialists don’t stop at dusting your ductwork. They sanitize as well! Each specialist uses a variety of products designed to sanitize your ventilation system and kill any unpleasant odors that are present. Those products include antibacterial sanitizers, botanical antimicrobial sprays used to kill live bacteria like mold and mildew, and pet friendly odor counteractive cleaners used to eliminate pet odors, odors left behind from smokers, or previous owners.