Air Conditioning Inspections and Tune-ups in Gilbert, AZ
How often should AC be inspected?
An air conditioning system can be a bit hard to remember for maintenance, which leads to most people forgetting to service their system regularly. Most HVAC experts recommend a tune-up once per year to keep your AC in tip-top shape. Ground Zero can help! We’ve been inspecting and tuning up air conditioning systems in the Gilbert, AZ area for decades. Let us come by and make sure you’re all set for summer!
Being Proactive Can Save You Money
Are AC tune-ups worth it?
The simple answer is, “yes” an AC tune-up is worth the money spent. Keeping your air conditioning in good running condition not only extends the longevity of your system, but it also increases efficiency and capability as well. Scheduling maintenance one time per year could mean your system lasts longer, runs cheaper, and cools better. Especially with Arizona summers climbing well above 100 degrees, your AC system is more of a necessity than a luxury. We, at Ground Zero, want to make sure that when you need that cold air, that’s exactly what you get.
Air Conditioning Tune-up Process
What goes into an air conditioning tune-up?
We’ve established how often you should have your system maintenance completed, but what exactly is a Ground Zero technician going to do with your AC system? How do you know you’re getting your money’s worth? Here’s an abbreviated list of things we complete when we come to your home or business.
- Cleaning condenser coils – This is necessary to keep your AC clean, but it also increases efficiency. Any time efficiency is increased, costs come down. This is a win-win step.
- Refrigerant level check – Because all modern air conditioning systems run on refrigerant, it’s imperative to make sure they’re fully charged, so they operate at optimum levels.
- Thermostat calibration – This one is a bit more self-explanatory. Our Ground Zero technician will go through your thermostat to conform that it’s working properly, and they can usually answer any questions you might have about it as well. Simply put, we take the guesswork out of how to control your air conditioning unit.
- Ductwork inspection – Energy loss occurs with dirty, damaged or improperly attached ductwork. Our tech will make sure everything is connected and clean. If your ducts are dirty, they can recommend a duct cleaning service as well.
- Electrical connection check – This step includes checking all the electrical components of your AC system to confirm that they’re tight and in working condition. Loose electrical components can cause arcing conditions that can be hazardous for your home or business.
- Blower motor and belt inspection – All the air carried through your home is pushed by your blower motor and driven by a belt connection. Your AC system might be perfectly producing non-humid and cool air, but if nothing carries it to the rooms in your space, it isn’t going to mean much to you. We make sure everything is working properly, so you can stay cool.
To Inspect or not to Inspect
The importance of an air conditioning inspection in Gilbert, AZ
Now that we know what details go into an AC tune-up, we can now discuss the less invasive option. Some people find that an inspection is all they need for their home and business, and Ground Zero is happy to oblige. While the inspection process can mirror the tune-up process in some ways, the difference is that, during an inspection, the technician will take less action and more notes to inform the home or business owner.
- Thermostat test – This one is similar to the above list. This is just to check and make sure everything is working properly.
- Air filters inspection – Inspecting the filter will reveal if it needs to be changed, but the tech may not change it, rather inform you that it requires changing.
- Airflow evaluation – Our expert technicians will check the airflow at your vents to see if it’s flowing well or if it seems like it’s obstructed in some way.
- Equipment condition – This is a visual inspection of your equipment to see what condition it’s in––good or bad.
- Refrigerant check – This one is the same as the tune-up, but won’t include recharging.
- Drain and drip pan check – The tech will do a visual inspection to see if water is pooling in the pans, which can indicate a clog in the drain lines.
- Blower motor and belt inspection – This is the same process as the tune-up but won’t include any adjustments or repairs.
- Pest infestation check – Air conditioners can be great places for pests to live. Our techs will do a visual check to make sure you’re not running a pest hotel in your home or business.
As a final step of the inspection, Ground Zero technicians offer a detailed explanation of what their findings are. They can recommend priority repairs where needed, if your system needs replacement, or any other combination of issues that may have arisen during their visit. Most importantly, Ground Zero’s goal is that you feel informed and supported in how to keep your AC running for years to come.